International Student Trips Powered By Discovery Education
Kim's Blog

Last Day in China!

Friday, August 14, 2009

Today was our last day in China! I can't believe that the trip is coming to an end! We started the day off eating breakfast and then boarding the bus, after this we got on the train for a five hour bus ride. The bus ride didn't seem very long, we talked and laughed the whole time. We really have become like a family here we are all so close. After checking into the hotel we got ready for the peking duck dinner! I was so excited to go to this famous restaurant and eat the famous duck. It was such a nice place, and we were given our own private room. The waitress' then brought out an assortment of food one which was scorpions. It did not look appetizing, it looked a little scary a bunch of them sitting on rice cakes. Still, everyone tried it. When it was my turn I was so nervous, it was just the actual act of putting the scorpion in your mouth that was the worst part. It was so gross to look at it but I ate the scorpian! It really was such a mind game, the scorpion tasted like nothing it was just really crunchy. This was an experience, I never ever thought I would eat something like that. It was definitely the weirdest thing I have eaten here, but I am happy to say I did it. After that the waitresses brought out the duck. It was amazing, it was so delicious. It was one of the best meals we have had here, the duck was outstanding! It was a great farewell dinner. I seriously can not believe that this trip is ending. It was life changing, the things I have learned and the people I have met on this adventure have all influenced me so much. I am forever grateful I was given this opportunity, it was one of the most amazing things I have ever done. Tomorrow we will be waking up early to say goodbye to our California friends:( after that were off to do some last minute shopping before heading to the airport. We still have some time left in China, and I know our trip will end the way it began, with excitement and adventures.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

2 comments:

Karen Wells said...

I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to follow your posts. I have watched each of you grow as writers and as individuals. I can not think of a better group of students to represent DSA or our country. Take back what you have learned and use it to enrich your life as well as the life of others. Thanks for enriching my life through your blogs and allowing me to travel with you. Karen Wells DSA South Africa

RJ Stangherlin said...

Wonderful hat you recognize that your trip ended the way it began, with excitement and adventures, and that the experience overall was life-changing. I've learned so much from you, and you made learning fun and fascinating. It was almost like being there with you. I cannot thank you enough for sharing your travels with us.

RJ Stangherlin

Post a Comment

Essential Programs Details

Duration 15 days
When August 4th - 18th, 2009
Focus History/Culture
Martial Arts
Modern/Ancient Architecture